Journaux du site au 22/08/2022 à 10:26Forum 2.7.1
S'enregistrer pour posterRechercherPréférences

Pas de Post-it

Forum CMSGalerie Forum
Sujet : American Radio History Nouveau De furtsurfer  Le 22-10-2014 à 17:58 sta

Voilà ce qui se passe quand on maintient un site exemplaire.

American Radio History a été piraté par Internet Archive (archive.org).

Le site risque de disparaitre, sans explications de Internet Archive.

Voici le message adressé par le webmestre. Cela donne à réfléchir.

To the Director of the Internet Archive:

I am the webmaster of www.americanradiohistory.com and noted today that nearly all of the content on my site had been ingested by the Internet Archive. No permission was requested and no contact with me had been made prior to this action which seems to cover over 11,800 publications from my site as identified by the watermark on them. Further, there is not even a credit for the source and al the metadata from my scans has been removed.

While I have created www.americanradiohistory.com as a public domain site to share publications that are every day becoming more scarce, the way the Internet Archive proceeded is very peculiar. All my efforts to put together a broadcasting collection with extensive search capabilities has been copied by the Internet Archive, making my efforts and expense irrelevant and unnecessary. I must consider the drastic move of closing my site and ceasing any further expansion of the collection, as having the content "snagged" by the Internet Archive site is essentially competing with myself. While materials placed on the open web are, in the strictest sense, public domain, I find the lack of communication and common courtesy by the Internet Archive to be unique.

I’ve spent nearly $200,000 of my own money over the last 10 years on the site, the scanning equipment, and the acquisition of publications. I have spent in excess of 5000 man hours a year on the scanning and programming of the site. I have created an endowment to perpetuate the site indefinitely. All of this has been defeated by the actions of the Internet Archive.

My only satisfaction comes from the uniqueness of the site, a quality which has been hijacked by the Internet Archive.

If the Internet Archive had wished to consult about sharing materials and colaborating on obtaining missing parts of the collection, I would have been most open and amenable to such a discussion. As it stands right now, I am disappointed and discouraged that your organization has acted in such a predatory and one sided manner against a person who is trying to achieve some of the same goals and purposes that you are.

Sujet : American Radio History Nouveau De ON5MJ  Le 22-10-2014 à 22:48 sta

Je ne connaissais ni l'un, ni l'autre. Merci, ce sont deux sources intéressantes en dépit de cette controverse.

Retour aux sujets 

Rubriques du site

Gamme 1

- Galerie TSF - Mesure ancienne - Littérature - Trucs et astuces - Marquage composants - Tubes Brochages - Achat Vente - Forum - Liens utilesCe site vous
a aidé ?

Gamme 2

- Je cherche - Offre - Tendances - Palais des Glaces - Upload -

Gamme 3

- Archives - Schémathèque - Glossaire technique - Glossaire patoisant - Journaux - Remerciements -